Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 8


Well here it is the end of The Challenge week. It is interesting how something like this can make you work even though you really are not in the mood.

So for the final work I think I have created a keeper......a fish! I didn't start out to paint a fish....first I dropped the red on the paper and just started to play. The next thing I saw was the fish....he just was there.


This was a fast painting and fun.....my criteria. I am not someone who could labour for weeks over a painting. It needs to happen quickly or I put it aside. Sometimes I will come back to the painting and work on it again with a fresh perspective but I could never work for weeks on just one painting.


I will live with this one for a few days to see if I want to add anything but it is on rice paper so this is pretty much it.

I think I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment