Sunday, July 8, 2012

Artist Challenge

One day I was discussing my sketchbooks collection, yes a collection, with a fellow artist and how I buy sketch books and don't want to "ruin" them by putting work in them. Turns out she did the same thing so we made a pact to use one of our books and bring it to show the next week. Of course I didn't use one of the really good books but I did start to fill up pages in a book. It has been a really stimulating exercise and I have been surprised with  how it has helped my work. Here are some of the results.
 
 
And I created a couple of paintings from one of the sketches. Sometimes we all just need a little shove to get creativity going. 
  
 

I have finished one book and have another one on the go. 







This has been really a great exercise and one that I think every artist can use. No rules, paint or draw what ever you want. My friend used poems on the opposite page, I just played with brushes and colours and paint.

It is fun! 

By the way, thanks to everyone who stopped by at our show yesterday. It was a huge success and we really enjoyed the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment