Monday, January 10, 2011

Lucy

I mentioned before I volunteer at the York-Durham Aphasia Centre. I do a program called Art for Communcation with clients in Newmarket. It is designed to develop drawing skills to help with communication for people with aphasia....ie if you can't say the word apple but you could draw an apple and get your message across

It is a step by step process to tap into your artistic side and remember these people are not artists. I have them do warm up exercises for the brain and then they copy a picture that I have drawn of a person. We do the same person for a whole year. In the past it has been Mona Lisa, Winston Churchill, Abe Lincoln, and last year Elvis

This year I have decided that Lucille Ball would be a great subject Client's will draw her upside down while music is playing so that they can tap into that right brain.

I Love Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment